In the African and Afro-American Studies at Brandeis University you will take courses in the humanities, creative arts and social sciences.
You will gain the analytical tools needed to read, write, talk and think knowledgeably about the past, present and future of black people on the African continent, in the Americas and around the world.
- Colorism in Paradise
- Black Visibility
- Carceral Studies
- African History in Real Time
- Critical Race Theory
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory American Studies View 271 other Bachelors in American Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Required of all candidates: nine semester courses from among the AAAS and cross-listed courses below.
- Two of the nine courses must be AAAS 5a (Introduction to African and African American Studies) and AAAS 189a (Senior Capstone Seminar). Students enrolled in AAAS 99d (Senior Thesis) are exempt from the Senior Capstone.
- At least one course must be taken in each of the following areas: history, arts and social sciences (see lists in letter D below).
- Four additional courses must be taken within one field of specialization
International61724 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 61724 USD per year during 48 months.
National61724 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 61724 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Waltham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.