Students in the Mechanical Engineering program at University of Maryland Baltimore County (UMBC) begin their studies by acquiring a solid foundation in mathematics, physics and design. Higher-level courses cover the fundamental principles in the areas of solid mechanics, thermo fluids and design and manufacturing systems.
Laboratory and elective courses give students the opportunity to test these principles and apply them individually and as teams in projects that involve design challenges from the material processing, energy conversion and aerospace industries, among others. You can find the recommended four-year academic pathway here, as well as tools to help you create your individualized degree plan.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Machine Design
- Mechanical Engineering Systems Design
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering View 680 other Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- If you have or are currently earning your high school/secondary school diploma or equivalent but have not earned college credits at the university level AFTER earning your diploma, you should apply to UMBC as a first-year student.
- We weigh a number of factors in making admission decisions. In addition to grade point average and standardized test scores, the strength of your curriculum, class rank, and other achievements as well as your essay will be considered. We expect applicants to have completed a strong college preparatory program of study from an accredited high school/secondary school.
- If you have attended a postsecondary institution, such as a college or university, outside the United States, submit course by course credentials evaluated through one of the following evaluation services.
- Documents in languages other than English must be accompanied by a certified English translation.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International28470 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28470 USD per year during 48 months.
National28470 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28470 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State12280 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12280 USD per year during 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.