The Department of History at University of Maryland Baltimore County offers an undergraduate major, minor, a minor in Public History and a minor in East Asian History, as well as the Master of Arts in Historical Studies and an Accelerated Bachelors/Masters Program. Graduate students interested in careers in historical sites, government agencies, museums, and other organizations may choose the Public History Track option in the M.A. program.
We encourage active learning and research experiences in the many museums, historical societies and government agencies in the Baltimore-Washington metropolitan area. History majors may compete for Undergraduate Research Awards and publish in the UMBC Review. Graduate students participate in the annual Graduate Student Conference each spring.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Western Civilization up to 1700
- Western Civilization Since 1700
- American History to 1877
- American History, 1877 to the Present
- East Asian Civilization
- Global History
- Historical Research
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory View 1629 other Masters in History in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A completed UMBC Undergraduate Admissions Application
- A $75 nonrefundable application fee.
- An official or attested copy of your current high school transcript/academic record including an English translation.
- Official results of completion of state/national secondary school examinations.
- A final high school transcript/leaving certificate upon completion of your senior year.
- All non-native English speakers must submit official test scores
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International24338 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12169 USD per semester during 48 months.
National24338 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12169 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State8704 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4352 USD per semester during 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.