The B.A. in Economics at University of Maryland Baltimore County (UMBC) provide a traditional foundation in the liberal arts and sciences. Students in these programs learn a way of thinking that facilitates problem solving, and enables them to explore issues related to economics, finance, politics, and life in general, in an organized and productive manner.
The total course requirements for the B.A. degree are less than those for the B.S. degree. As a result, students pursuing the B.A. degree have greater flexibility in choosing courses in the liberal arts, including minors outside economics or certificates in administrative sciences or other fields.
Career and Academic Paths
A major in economics is excellent preparation for employment in business or government, for professional study in law, business management, urban planning or public administration, or for graduate study in economics.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Principles of Microeconomics
- Principles of Macroeconomics
- Calculus and Analytic Geometry I Elementary Calculus I
- Applied Statistics for Business and Economics
- Intermediate Microeconomic Analysis
- Intermediate Macroeconomic Analysis
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Econometrics Urban Planning View 1862 other Bachelors in Economics in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- If you have or are currently earning your high school/secondary school diploma or equivalent but have not earned college credits at the university level AFTER earning your diploma, you should apply to UMBC as a first-year student.
- We weigh a number of factors in making admission decisions. In addition to grade point average and standardized test scores, the strength of your curriculum, class rank, and other achievements as well as your essay will be considered. We expect applicants to have completed a strong college preparatory program of study from an accredited high school/secondary school.
- If you have attended a postsecondary institution, such as a college or university, outside the United States, submit course by course credentials evaluated through one of the following evaluation services.
- Documents in languages other than English must be accompanied by a certified English translation.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International28470 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28470 USD per year during 48 months.
National28470 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28470 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State12280 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12280 USD per year during 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.