With a curriculum drawing from both disciplines as well as specific biochemistry courses, the Biochemistry and Molecular Biology program at University of Maryland Baltimore County provides a broad background in the physical and life sciences. It is suitable for students planning careers in laboratory research or further training in graduate, medical, or other biomedical professional programs, such as medicine, dentistry, and medical technology.
The directorship of this joint program alternates between the two participating departments and current information may be found in the schedule of classes in “Undergraduate Advising Procedures.” After filing a declaration of major form, students should contact the office listed. They will then be assigned an advisor from among the participating faculty of the two departments.
Honors in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
While the Biochemistry and Molecular Biology program does not have an honors program, specific honors sections of BIOL 100H: Concepts of Biology and CHEM 101H and CHEM 102H: Introductory Chemistry courses are offered. In addition, departmental honors are awarded by the Chemistry and Biochemistry department to biochemistry and molecular biology graduates achieving scholastic excellence in their Chemistry and Biochemistry courses which is defined as a GPA of 3.50 or better in 18 or more credit hours of chemistry and biochemistry classes, combined with an overall GPA of 3.0.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Principles of Chemistry
- Analytical Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry I or Physical Chemistry for the Biochemical Sciences
- Organic Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry Laboratory
- Foundations of Biology: Cells, Energy & Organisms
- Foundations of Biology: Ecology & Evolution
- Molecular and General Genetics
- Cell Biology
- Experimental Biology Laboratory
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemistry Biology Biochemistry View 1729 other Bachelors in Biochemistry in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A completed UMBC Undergraduate Admissions Application
- A $75 nonrefundable application fee.
- An official or attested copy of your current high school transcript/academic record including an English translation.
- Official results of completion of state/national secondary school examinations.
- A final high school transcript/leaving certificate upon completion of your senior year.
- All non-native English speakers must submit official test scores
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International24338 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12169 USD per semester during 48 months.
National24338 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12169 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State8704 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4352 USD per semester during 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.