You will learn practices that create a healthier and longer lasting world, such as mitigation and clean-up strategies for drinking water and wastewater.
Courses are in chemistry, mathematics, statistics, environmental science, physics, geology, and biology. Our environmental engineering program's curriculum is similar to the civil engineering program.
The sustainability and environmental culture of the Pacific Northwest is part of the major. You will live and learn among the engineering systems we seek to improve. Many are within walking, biking, or transit distance to campus.
Graduates of Environmental Engineering program from Portland State University are analytical and critical thinkers. They learn skills to create solutions to problems that are sustainable and innovative. Environmental engineers make fast and lasting impacts on our communities.
PSU environmental engineering graduates can:
- Design new stream channels and ecosystems to support improved fish and wildlife habitat.
- Predict the quantity of water available for human use.
- Improve the quality of surface water, rivers, lakes, reservoirs, estuaries, and groundwater systems.
- Design new methods to clean up human pollution caused by industrial activity.
- Develop methods to improve air quality after contamination by industrial and transportation sources.
Graduates of the program go on to pursue specialized or advanced degrees. They also earn their professional engineering licenses.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Water Resources Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Unit Operations of Environmental Engineering
- Chemistry of Environmental Toxins
- Toxins in the Environment
- Environmental Chemistry
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering General Engineering & Technology Environmental Sciences View 328 other Bachelors in Environmental Engineering in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- You must have a cumulative (overall) grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.5 when converted to the U.S. 4.0 grading scale.
- Meet the English Language Proficiency Requirement. You may be admitted to Portland State University and an Intensive English Language Program (IELP) pathway if you do not meet PSU's English Language Proficiency Requirement. Learn more about PSU’s English language programs.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International31369 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 671 USD per credit during 48 months.
National31369 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 671 USD per credit during 48 months.
In-State11734 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 251 USD per credit during 48 months.
Living costs for Portland
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.