Program outcomes are goals that describe our expectations as Environmental Engineering students graduate. Graduates of the Environmental Engineering program will have the skills and abilities to prepare them to begin professional practice or to succeed in graduate studies.
Portland State University Graduates will have:
- An ability to apply principles of mathematics, science, and engineering to the analysis and design of environmental engineering projects.
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability and sustainability.
- An ability to participate in projects that cross disciplines and to function on multi-disciplinary teams.
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems.
- An understanding of the professional and ethical responsibility of engineers in a broad societal context.
- An ability to communicate effectively.
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental and societal context.
- A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in continuing professional development and life-long learning.
- A knowledge of relevant contemporary issues.
- An ability to use the modern techniques, skills, and engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
- An awareness of the need for professional registration in career development.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Fluid Mechanics
- Analysis of Environmental Systems
- Environmental Systems Laboratory
- Engineering Thermodynamics
- Profession Seminar
- Environmental Soil Mechanics Class
- Water Resources Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering View 182 other Masters in Environmental Engineering in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- To enroll as a freshman (first year), you must have completed secondary school or high school. Your education must be equivalent to United States secondary school or high school education.
- You must have a cumulative (overall) grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.0 when converted to the U.S. 4.0 grading scale.
- Meet the English Language Proficiency Requirement. You may be admitted to Portland State University and an Intensive English Language Program (IELP) pathway if you do not meet PSU's English Language Proficiency Requirement. Learn more about PSU’s English language programs.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International29837 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29837 USD per year during 48 months.
National29837 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29837 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State10081 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10081 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Portland
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.