Art Practice s programs at Portland State University are designed to develop the student's creative faculties, a sense of critical judgment, and fundamental skills and techniques. In each of the concentrations within the art major, the principal and supporting courses have one general purpose: to instill a mature, professional attitude toward the process of artistic creation and expression.
Students enrolled in the School of Art and Design acquire:
- Knowledge and experience of the creative problem solving processes.
- Knowledge of discipline-specific skills and vocabulary.
- Knowledge of art history and design.
- Knowledge of critical theories in art.
- Knowledge and experience to formulate a cumulative body of work in their discipline.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The first and second year focuses on foundation courses including art history, drawing, art theory and design.
- During the second year students are encouraged to sample a variety of courses in printmaking, painting, drawing, sculpture, digital art, mixed media and art and social practice.
- In the third and fourth years students have an opportunity to select their own combination of interdisciplinary classes or to focus on a specific area of interest.
- In either case they will develop their knowledge of visual language, media skills and the conceptual and expressive aspects of their work. Critical theory and professional practice in art are investigated to aid the student in establishing a context within the contemporary arts community.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesArt History View 838 other Masters in Art History in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- To enroll as a freshman (first year), you must have completed secondary school or high school. Your education must be equivalent to United States secondary school or high school education.
- You must have a cumulative (overall) grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.0 when converted to the U.S. 4.0 grading scale.
- Meet the English Language Proficiency Requirement. You may be admitted to Portland State University and an Intensive English Language Program (IELP) pathway if you do not meet PSU's English Language Proficiency Requirement. Learn more about PSU’s English language programs.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International29837 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 29837 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National29837 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 29837 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
In-State10081 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10081 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.