The university strongly encourage students to engage in a wide array of media in evoking imaginative ideas and inventive possibilities. As such, the School's facilities support all forms of fabrication, from concrete and plaster casting to welding and metalworking to woodworking to digital milling.
Design studio is enriched by the association of required and elective lectures and seminars in Humanities and Tectonics. These classes introduce, analyze and discuss the complexities of both the cultural and technological influences upon the making of architecture.
The Architecture program pursues an understanding of architecture as an embodiment of human values while promoting levels of knowledge appropriate for the construction of plausible works. Ethical responses to the contemporary dilemmas of environmental changes are a paramount concern in the teaching of all levels.
Your Potential To Be Exponential
At Portland State University , you feel like you’re part of a movement. The kind that keeps your classmates rooting for you and your professors pulling for you. You’ll form bonds with faculty and friends in small classes that dive deep into the issues that matter most to you. We are proud to be one of the nation's most transformative universities. Because every time your success inspires others, you change the world.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Architecture
- Introduction to Environmental Design
- Visual Communications
- Special Studies
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchitecture View 285 other Masters in Architecture in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- To enroll as a freshman (first year), you must have completed secondary school or high school. Your education must be equivalent to United States secondary school or high school education.
- You must have a cumulative (overall) grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.0 when converted to the U.S. 4.0 grading scale.
- Meet the English Language Proficiency Requirement. You may be admitted to Portland State University and an Intensive English Language Program (IELP) pathway if you do not meet PSU's English Language Proficiency Requirement. Learn more about PSU’s English language programs.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International29837 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 29837 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National29837 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 29837 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
In-State10081 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10081 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.