The Psychology program at the Smith College aims to develop skills that will serve students well in psychology but that can also be applied in other important arenas, including writing and communication skills, hands-on training and multicultural fluency. We emphasize student participation in research; faculty-student collaboration and mentoring; and preparation and guidance for future studies in psychology and related fields.
Psychology Learning Goals
Psychology department faculty affirmed the following learning goals for our majors. Students will:
- Develop a knowledge base of psychology, becoming familiar with the important theories, findings and historical perspectives in the field.
- Become critical consumers of research and learn to think critically about behavior, brain and mental processes; understand the relations among theories, observations and conclusions; and weigh evidence in evaluating particular theories or approaches.
- Develop research and quantitative fluency, including the ability to develop hypotheses, design studies, and understand, analyze and represent data.
- Develop requisite writing and communication skills within the discipline.
- Understand the ethics and philosophy of science.
- Develop multicultural fluency, including the ability to view issues from different cultural perspectives and to ask pertinent questions about cultural influences.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Brain States
- Learning and Behavior Change
- Brain, Behavior, and Emotion
- Foundations in Behavior: Cognition in Film
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Seminar in Biopsychology
- Seminar in Mind and Brain
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology View 1466 other Masters in Psychology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Common Application or Coalition Application
- Smith Writing Supplement
- Secondary School Report, including official high school transcript
- Counselor Recommendation
- Two Teacher Evaluation Forms
- Official SAT I, ACT, TOEFL, IELTS, PTE or the Duolingo English Test/*DET*
- Early Decision Agreement (if applicable)
International53940 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 53940 USD per year during 48 months.
National53940 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 53940 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Northampton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.