The mission of the BSW program is to educate students in generalist social work practice, engage students in scholarly inquiry and community service and instill the values of ethical practice, social justice, self-determination, empowerment and honoring diverse populations.
While in the Social Work program at University of North Carolina Wilmington, students engage in scholarly inquiry and community service and are taught the values of ethical practice, social justice, self-determination, empowerment and honoring diverse populations.
Here at the CHHS School of Social Work (SSW), we take a strengths-based perspective approach to generalist practice. We prepare students to work with individuals, families, groups and communities, and for advanced study in social work and other related fields. Students get the opportunity to intern at various agencies in the Wilmington and surrounding areas, where they will work one-on-one with clients, families, children, older adults and communities. Practicum or internship settings include a wide array of social service agencies such as schools, nonprofit agencies, hospice, Department of Social Services, military bases and addiction treatment centers.
We offer the BSW program on the main UNCW campus in Wilmington and at our Onslow extension site in Jacksonville. All programs in the SSW are accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Concepts of Modern Biology
- American National Government
- General Psychology
- Introduction to Social Work and the Social Welfare System
- Basic Working Relationship Skills
- Human Behavior in the Social Environment
- Issues in Diversity for Generalist Practice
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesSocial Work Sociology View 1362 other Masters in Sociology in United States
- Completion of 45 university credit hours
- Completion of 13 hours of the following collateral courses:
- Four (4) credit hours in human biology
- Three (3) credit hours of Introduction to Sociology
- Three (3) credit hours of General Psychology
- Three (3) credit hours in American National Government
- Completion of an Application for Admission to the BSW Program by deadlines posted on the SSW website.This application requires inclusion of documentation of successful completion of the above courses, a personal narrative, and a social service resume.
International18508 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9254 USD per semester during 48 months.
National18508 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9254 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State4444 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2222 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Wilmington
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.