Students in the Clinical Research program at University of North Carolina Wilmington gain a broad-based understanding of the science, regulatory, and business aspects of developing new therapies to treat illness and improve quality of life.
Courses are online, but applied learning is required through an in-person internship at a clinical research site. Enrollment is competitive — 60 students accepted a year.
What is Clinical Research?
- Clinical research is the process by which new therapies (medications, biological agents, and devices) are tested in clinical studies prior to approval.
- Clinical research also includes the study of products after approval once they are on the market, particularly for rare or unexpected adverse events.
- Clinical Research Writing and Communications
- Fundamentals of Biopharmaceutical Product Development
- Study and Site Management for Clinical Trials
- Understanding Medical Terminology and Clinical Endpoints
- Collaborative Writing for Clinical Studies
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesComplementary & Alternative Medicine Health Sciences View 255 other Bachelors in Health Sciences in United States
- Completed online application.
- Non-refundable $80 application fee (check or money order in U.S. dollars and drawn on a U.S. bank, payable to UNCW).
- Essay & short answer
- An official transcript, translated into English (translation must be certified), of grades from secondary school.
International18508 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18508 USD per year during 48 months.
National18508 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18508 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State4400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4400 USD per year during 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.