Clinical Research is the process by which new therapies (medications, biological agents, and devices) are tested in clinical studies prior to approval. Clinical Research also includes the study of products after approval once they are on the market, particularly for rare or unexpected adverse events. Students in the Clinical Research program at University of North Carolina Wilmington gain a broad-based understanding of the science, regulatory, and business aspects of developing new therapies to treat illness and improve quality of life.
The program is situated in a vibrant clinical research industry here in Wilmington, providing ample opportunities for students to gain hands on experience through internships. FuseCR (The Center for Clinical Research Workforce Development) was recently developed to fuse the ties between academia and industry, which benefits our students in their readiness for the workplace.
Upon completion, graduates are prepared to participate in the science and business of developing health care products, such as drugs, biologics, and biomedical devices with emphasis on pre-approval human clinical trials and post-marketing safety studies. Our alum are employed in a variety of settings such as pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and patient device companies; contract research organizations (CROs); clinical settings; and government agencies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Clinical Research
- Clinical Research Writing and Communications
- Fundamentals of Biopharmaceutical Product Development
- Study and Site Management for Clinical Trials
- Understanding Medical Terminology and Clinical Endpoints
- Collaborative Writing for Clinical Studies
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesComplementary & Alternative Medicine Health Sciences View 128 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
- Students must be admitted to UNCW and pay the enrollment deposit through the Office of Admissions prior to applying to the Clinical Research Program.
- Preference may be given to students who have completed a greater number of prerequisite courses. We recommend that at least 4 prerequisite courses, including Chemistry and a Biology be completed or in progress at the time of application.
Prerequisites for the Clinical Research Program
General Psychology; General Biology; Anatomy and Physiology I with lab; Anatomy and Physiology II with lab; Microbiology; General Chemistry; College Algebra or higher; Statistics
International18508 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9254 USD per semester during 48 months.
National18508 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9254 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State4444 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2222 USD per semester during 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.