The Classical and Near Eastern Archaeology program offered at Bryn Mawr College encourages students to take advantage of related offerings in Departments of Anthropology, Classics, Geology, History, History of Art, and the Program in the Growth and Structure of Cities.
In collaboration with the Departments of Geology, Biology and Anthropology, a concentration in Geoarchaeology is offered together with coursework and laboratory training in Geographic Information Systems. The Ella Riegel Memorial Collection of over 6,000 artifacts is used in instruction. Students are encouraged to study material for research and to volunteer with the College Collections staff, who manage the collection.
Where Bryn Mawr Takes You
At Bryn Mawr College, students turn a passion for learning into a life of purpose. The Bryn Mawr community is unique: academically inspired, civically engaged, and always deeply committed. Mawrters know their stuff and choose their lives intentionally. They are agents of change in every arena—and forever members of a community founded on respect for the individual.
- Egyptian and Near Eastern Archaeology
- IClassical Archaeology
- Archaeology of Agricultural and Urban Revolutions
- Focus: Archaeological Science
- Animals in the Ancient Greek World
- Greek Sculpture
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Archaeology General Studies & Classics View 764 other Bachelors in General Studies & Classics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common Application or Coalition Application (fee waived when submitted online)
- Bryn Mawr Writing Supplement
- School report including official transcripts (Homeschool and Alternative Education requirements)
- Two teacher recommendations
- School Counselor recommendation
- Mid-year report
- If your mid-year report is not available until after Jan. 15, we will still accept your application if the rest of your file is complete. We do require your mid-year report in order to issue a final decision.
- Standardized test results
- Final report
- Early Decision Agreement (if applicable)
International55025 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 55025 USD per year during 48 months.
National55025 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 55025 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Ardmore
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.