Students in the Advertising - Creative program at the University of Miami may pursue a degree in one of three curricular tracks: advertising creative, advertising management, and general advertising.
Students in all three tracks will learn how to create an effective, strategically sound advertising campaign for a real-world client. In addition to our exciting and contemporary curriculum, the Advertising program also offers students the chance to engage in out-of-the-classroom experiences to enrich their education.
For example, qualified students may elect to participate in the internship program, which provides the opportunity to work in the professional community in the Greater Miami area or other regions. UM Advertising students regularly complete internships with major advertising agencies such as Crispin Porter + Bogusky, Ogilvy & Mather, Leo Burnett, Beber Silverstein, Alma DDB, and Young and Rubicam, among others. In addition, our students have interned at exciting places such as Cosmopolitan, and Glamour magazines, the Rachael Ray Show, MTV, Stella McCartney, and Universal Music Latin Entertainment.
The School of Communication’s mission is to prepare forward-thinking, analytical, and responsible communication professionals for success in a global society. The school is committed to quality undergraduate and graduate programs in communication that emphasize the relationship between theory and practice. We believe in freedom of expression and creativity and encourage both collaboration and independent thinking as we prepare future scholars, professionals, and leaders for a lifetime of service and learning.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Graphic Design for Strategic Communication
- Writing For The Digital Age
- Principles of Advertising
- Advertising Strategy Development
- Freedom of Expression and Communication Ethics
- Advanced Graphic Design for Advertising
- Advertising Copywriting and Concept
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMedia Studies & Mass Media View 789 other Masters in Media Studies & Mass Media in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Complete and submit the Common Application. Upon submitting, you will be asked to pay a $70 nonrefundable application fee.
- If you have attended a secondary school outside of the United States, you must submit your official secondary school documents (transcripts, mark sheets, certificates, examination results, etc.)
- We require you to submit two letters of recommendation: one from a high school guidance counselor and one from a teacher.
- The University of Miami is need-aware for first-year international undergraduate applicants. This means that, for a portion of international applicants, the Admission Committee will consider that student’s ability to pay tuition without the need for financial aid.
International52060 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 52060 USD per year during 48 months.
National52060 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 52060 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Miami
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.