The International Studies program at the University of California, Irvine (UCI) prepares students for careers in a variety of fields such as international public policy, international business and finance, international organizations, non-governmental organizations, and academic research and teaching.
Requirements for the major include a core set of courses: Introduction to Global Studies, Global Cultures and Society, Global Political Ideologies, Global Political Economy, Human Rights and Global Governance, and Global Environmental Issues.
Also required is an additional lower-division social science course, and the Global and International Studies Forum.
Students also choose both a geographic focus and a global focus to enable them to broaden and deepen areas of knowledge and topics of particular interest.
The final requirements are competence in a language other than English and an international experience or approved internship.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Global Cultures and Society
- Global Political Ideologies
- Global Economy
- International Relations
- Global Political Economy
- Human Rights and Global Governance
- Global Environmental Issues
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Relations International Development View 593 other Masters in International Relations in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Two years of history — One year of world or European history, cultures and geography, and one year of U.S. history or one half-year of U.S. history and one half-year of American government or civics
- Four years of English
- Three years of mathematics (four years recommended) — Must include algebra, geometry, and advanced algebra
- Two years of science (three years recommended) — Must include two years of laboratory science, however additional years can include a range of disciplines such as: applied science, engineering, computer science, and other integrated science courses.
- Two years of a language other than English (three years recommended) — The second year or higher of the same language must be completed to fulfill this requirement
- One year of visual and performing arts — A yearlong course chosen from the following disciplines: dance, drama/theater, music, visual art, or interdisciplinary arts
- One year of college-preparatory electives
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International41196 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 41196 USD per year during 48 months.
National41196 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 41196 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State11442 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11442 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Irvine
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.