The Theater and Performance Studies program from Georgetown University has rapidly attracted significant national attention for its distinctive curriculum, which integrates the political and international character of Georgetown, a commitment to social justice, and high-quality, cutting-edge production seasons, including world premieres. In 2012, Backstage selected the Program as one of the top five college theater programs outside of New York.
The Theater & Performance Studies Program provides unique focus on adapting, devising and developing new work, interdisciplinary research-to-performance projects such as senior theses, cross-cultural performance studies, and innovative approaches to design and multi-media, as well as playwriting, directing, dramaturgy, ensemble, and solo performance.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Adaptation and Performance of Literature and Design
- Culture and Politics
- World Theater History
- Material Culture
- History of Costume Design
- Gender and Performance
- Performance, Film and Media
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArt History Liberal Arts Theatre & Dance View 941 other Bachelors in Art History in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Our application is conveniently located online for you to complete at your own pace. There is a $35, non-refundable fee.
- Submit an up-to-date version of your resume or CV.
- Write an essay explaining why you are interested in pursuing this degree. Your essay should be two to three pages in length, typed, and double-spaced.
- Your writing sample should be no longer than 500 words.
- Two letters of recommendation
- Official High School transcripts of GED Certification
- Official transcripts
International59784 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29892 USD per semester during 48 months.
National59784 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29892 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Washington, D. C.
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.