Our core courses will challenge you to think critically, creatively, and globally about how media works as an aesthetic and cultural practice. Our production classes get you "inside" video production.
- In the Film and Media Studies program you will also find opportunities to expand your education on your own through internships and workshops, volunteering for, or simply attending the annual College of William & Mary Global Film Festival.
- Many of our graduates work in a wide range of media industries, from screenwriting to journalism, from film production to marketing. Others pursue careers in professions like education, law, and business. All of our students leave prepared to live as responsible citizens of the 21st century.
- Theories of Film & Media
- Topics in Media History
- Cinema & the Modernization of U.S. Culture
- Topics in Global Media
- Topics in Media in Practice
- Seminar in Film and Media Studies
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Media Studies & Mass Media View 1138 other Bachelors in Film, Photography & Media in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A submitted application through The Common Application or The Coalition Application
- The Secondary School Report form complete with a high school transcript and counselor letter of recommendation
- The Midyear School Report form, should be submitted to the admission office with an updated transcript as soon as first semester grades are available.
- $75 application fee payment, or a fee waiver request
International40089 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 40089 USD per year during 48 months.
National40089 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 40089 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State17434 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17434 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Williamsburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.