Systems may range from small units to extremely large operations. In order to accomplish these activities, the industrial engineer must be skilled in mathematics, physical sciences, management, and human relations, as well as manufacturing, computer systems, economics, optimization, human behavior, and systems analysis and design. This bachelor degree in Industrial and Systems Engineering is offered by The University of Iowa.
- Industrial engineers improve the quality of our lives by making systems and processes better, faster, cheaper, and safer.
- They excel at exploring business challenges and developing ways to make industries, hospitals, education, and government more effective.
- They know how to work with others and how to help people work more effectively, and they're typically responsible for implementing the delicate and complex process of system change.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Standard elective focus areas in industrial and systems engineering include:
- Big data analytics
- Computer and information systems
- Design and manufacturing
- Human factors and ergonomics
- Wind energy
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering View 282 other Masters in Industrial & Systems Engineering in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
To be eligible for direct admission as a first-year student, you must:
- Meet the Regent Admission Index (RAI) score equivalent of 265 or higher;
- Present a cumulative high school GPA of 3.33 or higher;
- Meet the high school course requirements.
It is highly recommended that applicants for admission to the College of Engineering have:
- One year of high school physics;
- One year of high school chemistry;
- Grades of A or B in all math and science courses.
International33094 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33094 USD per year during 48 months.
National33094 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33094 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State11150 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11150 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Iowa City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.