What is Civil and Environmental Engineering?
Civil engineers design, construct and protect the physical and natural built environment, including roads, bridges, canals, dams, buildings and water treatment plants. Civil engineers are needed to provide the world with clean water and safe infrastructure. At the Civil Engineering program of Villanova University, faculty in the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering prepare students to play a vital role in improving quality of life while protecting the environment.
What makes Villanova’s Civil and Environmental Engineering department unique is our commitment to community:
- Between students who learn teamwork, communication and problem-solving skills together during classes and in clubs
- With faculty who value your success and take the time to get to know you—by name
- In the world outside of Villanova, where we engage in service learning trips, study abroad experiences and STEM outreach programs
- Through Nova Nation whose alumni are there to mentor, guide and support our students during their time here and after they graduate
Where Are They Now?
2019 graduates from Villanova’s Civil and Environmental Engineering program are working in a number of fields in a variety of unique positions. Here is just a sampling:
- Management Consultant, Accenture
- Staff Engineer, Bohler Engineering
- Owner, Quality Landscapes and Hardscapes, LLC
- Roadway Design Engineer, Othon Consulting
- Project Engineer, Railroad Construction Company
- Project Engineer, Skanska USA Building
- Field Engineer, Turner Construction
- Project Engineer, Urban Engineers
- Assistant Transportation Planner, WSP USA
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- General Chemistry
- Civil Engineering Fundamentals
- Physics I Mechanics
- Mechanics I: Fundamental Behavior
- Transportation Engineering
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction General Engineering & Technology View 479 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common Application with the Member School Section for Villanova and required essays
- Official secondary school academic records (with official English translation) and letters of recommendation
- Application fee of $80
- Standardized test scores (SAT and/or ACT)
- Proof of English language proficiency
International56730 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 56730 USD per year during 48 months.
National56730 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 56730 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Philadelphia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.