The Bachelor of Science in Textile Engineering at North Carolina State University offers small class sizes with personal attention from faculty. In addition, in the last three years graduates have had nearly 100% placement into full time employment or graduate school. Compared to the rest of North Carolina State University, the College of Textiles has the highest percentage of students participating in its scholarship programs. Indeed, over 50% of all Textile Engineering students receive scholarship support.
The TE Curriculum provides a broad base of fundamental engineering courses as a foundation for studies in textile engineering.
There are three concentrations in the TE Program:
- Information Systems Design: Whether one is controlling the latest machines or managing a company's inventory and supply chain, computer information systems make the world go. This concentration provides the student with the use of database information systems and is linked with Industrial Engineering, which allows most of the students to minor in IE while some choose to minor/double major in Computer Science.
- Product Engineering:This concentration focuses on the design of new and innovative products and is the most multi-disciplinary and flexible. Students may concentrate on specific areas of interest including bio-medical materials, sports textiles, and composites. Some students in this concentration choose to double major in Biomedical Engineering while others minor in Material Science.
- Chemical Processing:This concentration is designed to combine both Textile and Chemical Engineering to develop chemical process improvement engineers for industries dealing with fibers and polymers.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Textile Lean Six Sigma Quality
- Textile Information Systems Design
- Mechanics of Tissues & Implants Requirements
- Polymeric Biomaterials Engineering
- Textile Composites
- Computer-Based Modeling for Engineers
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemical Engineering Fashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods View 252 other Masters in Chemical Engineering in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common application
- Submit the application through the Common App or the Coalition App – we do not have a preference.
- There is an $85 application fee ($100 for international applicants). You can either pay it online or provide an official fee waiver.
- Official SAT (Code # 5496) or ACT (Code # 3164) test scores should be sent directly from the testing agency
- Submit your transcript – Official academic transcripts should be submitted by your high school counselor.
- Show proof of English proficiency – If you are not from a country where English is the official or commonly spoken language, you need to show proof of English proficiency
- Complete the Certificate of Financial Responsibility
International29220 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 29220 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National29220 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 29220 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
In-State9100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9100 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.