This Political Theory and Constitutional Democracy major from Michigan State University raises complex fundamental questions: What does it mean to flourish as a human being? What are the rights and responsibilities of good citizens? What is the best way of life for society as a whole? It does not pretend to have the definitive answers to these questions but teaches students how to think about these concepts and how to approach these questions in a productive and intellectually exciting way.
Political theory and constitutional democracy is housed in James Madison College, MSU’s residential college for international and public affairs, which is a limited-enrollment program.
- Social workers
- Public health officials
- Business owners
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Constitutionalism and Democracy
- Radical Challenges to Liberal Democracy
- Beyond Liberal Democracy? New Directions in Political Theory
- Senior Seminar in Political Theory and Constitutional Democracy (W)
- Classical Republicanism
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPolitical Science View 1088 other Masters in Political Science in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Complete MSU’s application for admission online, including the required personal statement.
- Pay the $75 nonrefundable application fee.
- Request that all secondary schools, colleges or universities attended and examination boards send original or attested copies of all transcripts, diplomas, mark sheets and certificates directly to Michigan State University in an official, sealed envelope.
- Have the testing agency (TOEFL, IELTS, SAT, MSUELT or MELAB accepted).
- International students are encouraged, though not required, to submit SAT or ACT scores.
- Do not send letters of recommendation, photographs, portfolios or additional personal essays.
International41330 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 41330 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National39830 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 39830 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
In-State14524 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14524 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.