The program’s flexibility allows students to leverage their personal skills and interests and to make individualized choices. Elective courses provide for broad, general preparation or for focused study in food packaging, medical packaging, distribution, robotics, hazardous materials, packaging and the environment, and other areas.
The Michigan State University School of Packaging is known as a leader in work on permeability and migration, shelf life, food packaging, product/package compatibility, tamper evidence and legibility.
- Operational managers
- Packaging consultants
- Packaging engineers
- Packaging technologists
- Product quality analysts
- Regulatory packaging specialists
- Senior packaging lab technicians
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- General Chemistry
- Survey of Organic Chemistry
- Chemistry Laboratory
- Principles of Packaging
- Packaging with Glass and Metal
- Packaging Decision Systems
- Packaging with Paper and Paperboard
- Packaging with Plastics
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Commerce View 39 other Masters in Commerce in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Complete MSU’s application for admission online, including the required personal statement.
- Pay the $75 nonrefundable application fee.
- Request that all secondary schools, colleges or universities attended and examination boards send original or attested copies of all transcripts, diplomas, mark sheets and certificates directly to Michigan State University in an official, sealed envelope.
- Have the testing agency (TOEFL, IELTS, SAT, MSUELT or MELAB accepted).
- International students are encouraged, though not required, to submit SAT or ACT scores.
- Do not send letters of recommendation, photographs, portfolios or additional personal essays.
International41330 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 41330 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National39830 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 39830 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
In-State14524 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14524 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.