Students may specialize in one area of history or may study a broad range of times, places and approaches to events in the past.
The History major from Michigan State University is structured to develop student skills in research, writing, digital methods, and oral communication across the curriculum.
Students learn how gather and critically evaluate evidence from multiple types of sources; to conduct extensive archival or digital research; to explain the significance of their findings in scholarly and public venues; and to place historical events or phenomenon in a larger context.
- Campaign managers
- Legislative assistants
- Mortgage bankers
- Museum services associates
- Research analysts
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- World History since 1500
- U.S. History to 1876
- U.S. History since 1876
- The Ancient Mediterranean from 3000 BCE to 400 CE
- Europe in the Middle Ages from 400 to 1500
- European History since 1500
- Introduction to African History, Culture and Society
- Traditional East Asia
- Modern East Asia
- Colonial Latin America
- National Latin America
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory Modern History Digital Communication View 1585 other Masters in History in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Complete MSU’s application for admission online, including the required personal statement.
- Pay the $75 nonrefundable application fee.
- Request that all secondary schools, colleges or universities attended and examination boards send original or attested copies of all transcripts, diplomas, mark sheets and certificates directly to Michigan State University in an official, sealed envelope.
- Have the testing agency (TOEFL, IELTS, SAT, MSUELT or MELAB accepted).
- International students are encouraged, though not required, to submit SAT or ACT scores.
- Do not send letters of recommendation, photographs, portfolios or additional personal essays.
International41330 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 41330 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National39830 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 39830 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
In-State14524 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14524 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.