Outside the classroom, students bolster their education through study abroad programs, independent studies and professional internships.
Forestry graduates from Michigan State University are specialized environmental scientists who address societal issues such as carbon sequestration, biofuel production, wood products manufacturing, habitat management, recreational lands management and the development of a sustainable, biologically based economy.
- Conservation planners
- Environmental sustainability coordinators
- Urban foresters
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Chemistry Laboratory
- Fundamentals of Soil Science
- Introduction to Microeconomics
- Seminar on Contemporary Issues in Forests and the Environment
- Forest Vegetation
- Forestry Field Methods
- Human Dimensions of Forests
- Forest Ecology
- Forest Resource Economics and Management
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesForestry View 66 other Masters in Forestry in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Complete MSU’s application for admission online, including the required personal statement.
- Pay the $75 nonrefundable application fee.
- Request that all secondary schools, colleges or universities attended and examination boards send original or attested copies of all transcripts, diplomas, mark sheets and certificates directly to Michigan State University in an official, sealed envelope.
- Have the testing agency (TOEFL, IELTS, SAT, MSUELT or MELAB accepted).
- International students are encouraged, though not required, to submit SAT or ACT scores.
- Do not send letters of recommendation, photographs, portfolios or additional personal essays.
International41330 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 41330 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National39830 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 39830 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
In-State14524 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14524 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.