This incorporates painting, sculpture and architecture as conventionally defined by art history but extends to material culture and a wide range of media.
Art History and Visual Culture program from Michigan State University poses questions regarding the social, economic, religious, philosophical and psychological influences affecting those who consume as well as those who produce images and objects. Broadly speaking, this involves how values and beliefs are given material form and how these forms themselves can be interpreted.
- Interpretive specialists for digital media
- Exhibition assistants
- Assistant curators of European art
- Preservation specialists
- Marketing managers
- Art handlers and exhibitions assistants
- Research assistants
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Western Art from the Paleolithic to Medieval Era
- Western Art from the Renaissance to Contemporary
- Greek Art and Archaeology
- Roman Art and Archaeology
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Art History View 838 other Masters in Art History in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Submit one application for admission
- There are three ways to apply to MSU. Select the option that is right for you, but only submit one application for admission. MSU has no preference for which application you submit.MSU's application for admission
- Coalition Application
- Common Application
- Pay the $75 non-refundable application fee (drawn on U.S. funds) using Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express or an electronic check.
International41330 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 41330 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National39830 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 39830 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
In-State14524 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14524 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.