Finance, economics, accounting, computer science, statistics and probability all play a significant role in the education of our next generations of actuaries.
Each individual is admitted to the major based on his/her academic success, informed desire to pursue a career in the industry, and demonstrated potential to achieve established goals. After acceptance into the major or specializations, student scholars pursue a challenging academic program aligned with their professional interests.
Based on student preparation, the Michigan State University Actuarial Science Program provides employers with the confidence that actuarial science students have the technical and soft skills necessary to make immediate contributions to their organization.
- Bioinformatics scientists
- Financial consultants
- Insurance analysts
- Product analysts
- Risk managers
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Theory of Mathematical Interest
- Financial Mathematics for Actuaries
- Probability and Statistics
- Actuarial Models
- Construction and Evaluation of Actuarial Models
- Survey of Accounting Concepts
- Introduction to Microeconomics
- Introduction to Macroeconomics
- Financial Management
- Theory of Investments
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesTaxation Actuarial Science Bioinformatics View 975 other Masters in Actuarial Science in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Submit one application for admission
- There are three ways to apply to MSU. Select the option that is right for you, but only submit one application for admission. MSU has no preference for which application you submit.MSU's application for admission
- Coalition Application
- Common Application
- Pay the $75 non-refundable application fee (drawn on U.S. funds) using Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express or an electronic check.
International41330 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 41330 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National39830 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 39830 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
In-State14524 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14524 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.