The development of music technology has had an enormous impact on the music industry. There are many career opportunities for talented musicians in music technology. Skilled musicians can apply formal training to recording careers, studio performance, arranging or producing and live performances. Opportunities are also available in non-traditional, contemporary popular music venues, the movie industry, television, multi-media events, and music for advertising as well as traditional performing arts venues.
Program Learning Outcomes
Graduates of this Music Technology program offered at the Kent State University will be able to:
- Function as competent and versatile professional studio musicians who perform in diverse commercial music venues
- Compose and arrange music
- Create appropriate sound for visual media
- Create music productions of professional quality
- Produce professional audio recordings, both live and in studio, from start to finish
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Audio Recording
- Commercial Music Theory and Composition
- Music Production
- Music History
- Acoustics and Technology in Music
- Exploring Business
- Music Technology Internship
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesMusic View 2179 other Bachelors in Music in United States
- The university affirmatively strives to provide educational opportunities and access to students with varied backgrounds, those with special talents and adult students who graduated from high school three or more years ago.
- Admission to this major is selective. To be admitted to the Music Technology major, students on their primary instrument and complete theory and keyboard placement tests.
International20463 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20463 USD per year during 48 months.
National20463 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20463 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State11587 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11587 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Kent
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.