The Cinema and Media Studies program at University of Chicago aims to develop an ability to understand forms of cultural production in relation to wider contexts, as well as to foster discussion and writing skills.
- Students will gain the tools to approach today’s media environment from a historical and international perspective, and will thus be able to work within a changing mediascape.
- This interdisciplinary program draws on faculty and courses from UChicago’s Departments of Anthropology, Art History, East Asian Languages & Civilizations, English Language & Literature, Germanic Studies, Music, Romance Languages & Literatures, Slavic Languages & Literatures, and South Asian Languages & Civilizations.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Film Analysis
- History of International Cinema
- Senior Colloquium
- B.A. Essay: CMST
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media View 757 other Bachelors in Film, Photography & Media in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Application for Admission and Supplement Essays
- Application Fee or Automatic Fee Waiver
- Secondary School Report and Transcript
- Two Teacher Evaluations
- Midyear Report
International59256 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 59256 USD per year during 48 months.
National59256 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 59256 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Chicago
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.