All students complete a common 21-credit core, including writing, multimedia, and conceptual courses, as well as a capstone course and an internship. Students work closely with a faculty advisor to select an additional 19 credits in a focus area crafted to match their career interests.
Practical experience can be gained on the staffs of the daily Rocky Mountain Collegian, the award-winning campus television station Collegian TV, College Avenue magazine, and KCSU-FM Radio. Graduating seniors present professional portfolios for assessment by panels of faculty and communication professionals from Denver and elsewhere in Colorado.
Because successful communicators require broad knowledge, this Journalism and Media Communication from Colorado State University encourages development of a background in the humanities, social sciences, natural sciences, and in-depth study in an area of interest outside journalism.
The addition of a minor or double major in disciplines such as political science, information technology, history, economics, business, communication studies, psychology, the arts, or natural or applied sciences is possible.
The Journalism and Media Communication program emphasizes the role of mass and specialized media in society and prepares students for entry-level work in private business, government, and education.
Depending upon the focus of study, students may find career opportunities in a wide variety of professional communication venues.
Specific career opportunities may include: advertising copywriter, designer, or producer; agriculture writer, reporter, or editor; attorney specializing in communication law; blogger, columnist, or editorial cartoonist; college professor; communications manager or director; company spokesperson; corporate media specialist; e-mail and direct mail strategist; environmental media specialist; freelance writer, editor, or photographer; health writer, editor, or producer; marketing coordinator.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Copy Editing
- Reporting: General News
- Reporting: Sports
- Reporting: Business
- Reporting: Government and Political
- Reporting: Health and Medicine
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences Journalism Media Studies & Mass Media View 489 other Bachelors in Journalism in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All first-year freshman students will submit an application using the Common Application. Your application will be reviewed after we receive all of the required items.
- Transcripts: Submit your most recent transcripts or mark sheets. We will ask for additional materials if necessary. Only transcripts sent directly from the school or stamped and sealed are considered official.
- Personal statement: Your personal statement, commonly called an essay, is your opportunity to help us understand what makes you unique beyond your grades and transcripts. Your personal statement will be reviewed during your admission decision, for consideration for any competitive majors, and for financial aid decisions.
- Recommendation: One recommendation from a counselor or teacher is required.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International31712 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31712 USD per year during 48 months.
National31712 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31712 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State12432 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12432 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Fort Collins
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.