Communication students from the University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign will study the nature of effective communication across domains, develop effective communication skills, and gain knowledge of how to help others improve their skills. Students gain theoretical and practical knowledge of public advocacy and debate and the critical capacity to evaluate the face-to-face and mediated political and cultural information upon which we all depend. They also should achieve a sophisticated understanding of the political and social import of communication on all aspects of public and private life, from public policy and health care to cultural norms, personal interactions, and notions of racial, class, gender, and sexual identity.
Communication is an appropriate major for:
- students seeking a general liberal arts education, with a particular focus on communication issues
- students preparing for careers in many different fields involving communication skills (for example, law, business management, sales, public relations, human resources, corporate communication, consulting, media-related fields, or politics)
- students preparing for graduate work in areas such as communication, media studies, public policy, or public health
- students preparing for advanced study in law, medicine, business, or human resources
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Public Speaking
- Oral & Written Comm II
- Intro to Comm Theory & Res
- Communication and Culture
- Communication and Health
- Communication and Organizations
- Interpersonal Communication
- Mediated Communication and Technology
- Rhetoric and Public Communication
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences View 1059 other Masters in Communication Sciences in United States
- High school transcript
- Test score results (ACT, SAT)
- Application fee (Domestic $50 ; International $75)
- To be considered for admission, you must complete a program of study that qualifies you for admission to selective universities in your own country. Freshman applicants must report their academic credentials when they apply.
International30594 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 30594 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National29704 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 29704 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
In-State12254 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12254 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
LAS International Rate: $32,094
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.