The objective of the Civil Engineering program of the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) is to give graduating seniors an academically sound and practical background in civil engineering. A balanced program, including engineering science, design, and laboratory courses in civil engineering, is stressed.
The Civil Engineering major is a designated capstone major. In each of the major field design courses, students work individually and in groups to complete design projects. To do so, they draw on their prior coursework, research the needed materials and possible approaches to creating their device or system, and come up with creative solutions. This process enables them to integrate many of the principles they have learned previously and apply them to real systems. In completing their projects, students are also expected to demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills, as well as their ability to work productively with others as part of a team.
The Civil Engineering major has the following learning outcomes:
- Understanding of, and ability to apply, basic mathematical and scientific concepts that underlie the field
- Ability to contribute meaningfully to design projects
- Critical thinking skills, problem-solving abilities, and familiarity with computational procedures essential to the field
- Ability to work productively as a member of a team
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Civil Engineering and Infrastructure
- Computer Programming with MATLAB
- Dynamics of Particles and Bodies
- Applied Numerical Computing and Modeling in Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Structure, Processing, and Properties of Civil Engineering Materials
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction View 558 other Bachelors in Civil Engineering & Construction in United States
- Complete 15 year-long academic courses with a 3.4 GPA
- Meet other requirements specific to your country
- Take the ACT with Writing Test, SAT with Writing or SAT with Essay by December of your last year at secondary school
- Demonstrate English-language Proficiency
International43012 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 43012 USD per year during 48 months.
National43012 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 43012 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State13258 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13258 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Beverly Hills
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.