Undergraduate Astronomy majors at the University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign will graduate with a demonstrated ability to:
- Define and use fundamental principles and techniques of astronomy and astrophysics.
- Identify which principles should be applied to a specified situation
- Show familiarity with astronomical observables and their physical origin.
- Understand and apply basic physics and computational techniques to solve problems in astrophysics, and interpret the results.
- Analyze astronomical data, and quantitative data generally.
- Plan and perform guided research, or attain an advanced-level understanding of a topic of contemporary interest in astronomy and astrophysics.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Astronomy
- Solar System and Worlds Beyond
- Stars and Galaxies
- The Solar System Lab
- Stars and Galaxies Lab
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesAstronomy & Space Sciences View 175 other Masters in Astronomy & Space Sciences in United States
- High school transcript
- Test score results (ACT, SAT)
- Application fee (Domestic $50 ; International $75)
- To be considered for admission, you must complete a program of study that qualifies you for admission to selective universities in your own country. Freshman applicants must report their academic credentials when they apply.
International30594 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 30594 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National29704 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 29704 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
In-State12254 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12254 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
LAS International Rate: $32,094
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.