The Mechanical Engineering program offered by the University of Nevada, Las Vegas , synthesizes math, science, engineering science, and engineering design. The program provides electives in several general areas, including thermal-sciences, mechanical design and manufacturing, robotics and automation, mechanical and environmental systems, nuclear engineering, aerospace engineering, and bioengineering. Students begin the practice of design in their freshman year and integrate it throughout their programs which culminate in a team-oriented capstone design project in the senior year. The program is geared to prepare students for the lifelong practice of mechanical engineering and for immediate entry to positions in industry or further studies in graduate schools. The department also offers the Integrated B.S.-M.S. program for qualified undergraduate students.
The Bachelor of Science in Engineering — Mechanical Engineering program has several objectives:
- Our graduates will apply acquired technical capabilities when solving engineering problems or in their graduate studies in mechanical engineering or other fields.
- Our graduates will use acquired professional skills to work effectively with colleagues and others in the workplace.
- Our graduates will demonstrate a sense of responsibility as a professional member of society.
The goals of the Bachelor of Science in Engineering — Mechanical Engineering program are to:
- Prepare graduates for the lifelong learning of mechanical engineering.
- Provide graduates with solid academic preparation for professional positions and/or graduate study.
Mechanical engineering graduates from UNLV have gone on to rewarding careers with industry, utility companies, consulting engineers and local, state and federal agencies. Many students decide to continue their education in graduate school at UNLV or at other fine universities. The long-term outlook for employment of mechanical engineers appears to be excellent both regionally and throughout the country. Salaries and advancement prospects compare favorably with many other professions. The median expected salary for a beginning mechanical engineer in U.S. can be found from the website of the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- General Chemistry Laboratory I
- Physics for Scientists and Engineers I
- Physics for Scientists and Engineers Lab I
- Physics for Scientists and Engineers III
- Physics for Scientists and Engineers Lab III
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before , International
120 - 125
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 2418 other Bachelors in General Engineering & Technology in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
High School Transcript –
- Submit your high school transcript (includes all high school coursework and grades).
- A certified translation is required for any transcript not written in English.
- Submit your official transcripts from all previously attended colleges or universities where college-level credits were earned (either while in high school or after graduating high school).
- A certified evaluation (course-by-course with GPA calculation) by a NACES member organization is required for all non-US college-level coursework.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International25644 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25644 USD per year during 48 months.
National25644 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25644 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State9102 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9102 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Las Vegas
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.