The theory of finance and its applications are emphasized. Students learn about: security analysis and valuation, security trading, government policy and financial markets, financial forecasting, capital structure, financial risk management, venture capital, security issuance and international finance.
We offer a bachelor degree in Finance, Investment and Banking at the University of Wisconsin Madison. A significant part of the coursework teaches you to understand risk and uncertainty, both at an intuitive level and at a technical level. More important, you learn to construct models of financial decisions—e.g., an investor’s portfolio choice problem, the issuance of securities by corporations and the structure of financial investments by banks.
- Explain the trade-off between risk and returns, and to explain methods of measuring and managing risk.
- Use financial models, including those for optimal portfolios and the estimation of expected returns.
- Distinguish between equilibrium and no-arbitrage pricing, and be able to apply both approaches.
- Explain the costs and benefits of the separation of ownership and control in the typical large firm.
- Understand how market frictions can influence financial decisions.
- Explain how investment and financing decisions can create and destroy value.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Financial Reporting
- Investment Theory
- Corporation Finance
- Derivative Securities
- Financial Markets, Institutions and Economic Activity
- Intermediate Microeconomic Theory
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
Fall Early Action: November 1
DisciplinesEconomics Finance Accounting View 1081 other Masters in Finance in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Admissions Application
- Application Fee
- Course And Grade Information From Grades 9-12
- Official Test Scores: Scores From Either The Act Or The Sat Are Required And Must Be Sent Directly From The Testing Agency
- Two Essays: Tell Us About Your Academic And Personal Achievements
- One Required Letter Of Recommendation
- Additional Materials: Even After Your Application Is Complete We May Request Additional Supporting Materials Such As Self-reported Grades, Academic Performance Statements, And Course Change Documentation
International38634 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 38634 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National38634 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 38634 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
In-State10746 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10746 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.