The Sociology programme from The University of Texas at Arlington has three principle objectives: to foster the ability to analyze human relationships from a sociological perspective, to develop the theoretical, methodological, and statistical skills necessary for asking and answering sociological questions, and to enhance individuals' awareness of the relationship between events in their own lives and the structure of the society in which they live.
The principal common educational objective in the Department of Sociology and Anthropology is to develop a systematic understanding of social behavior, human culture, and social institutions. Knowledge of human social and cultural relationships is vital to a meaningful perspective on and understanding of the society in which we live. Contemporary societies are characterized by diversity, rapid change, complex organization, and extensive specialization. Programs of study in the Department of Sociology and Anthropology pursue the challenge of:
- creating and disseminating general knowledge that will render this world more understandable and
- providing an educational base for more effective and humane planning and social intervention in society.
Each of the programs of study relates to this general objective in a somewhat different manner. Students are encouraged to visit with the faculty and learn more about the programs offered in the department.
- Equality and Diversity Officer
- Higher Education Lecturer
- Museum/Gallery Curator
- Social Worker
- Community Development
- Guidance Counselor
- Human Resources
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Social Statistics
- Individual and Society
- Small Groups
- Sociology of the Family
- Social Inequality
- Work, Occupations, and Career Development
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work Sociology View 1438 other Bachelors in Sociology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Apply online
- Pay the application fee
- Submit your completed official secondary school (high school) transcripts, college level course transcripts, diplomas, certificates, and/or national test examination scores as appropriate for the educational system in your country by mail in a sealed envelope. You must possess the equivalent of a U.S. high school graduation.
- Submit official ACT/SAT Score(s)
- Submit English language proficiency test scores (Applicants whose native language is not English are required to submit TOEFL or IELTS scores)
- Check admission status in MyMav
International28278 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28278 USD per year during 48 months.
National28278 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28278 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State11968 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11968 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Texas City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.