The Sociology programme offered by University of Texas Arlington has three principle objectives: to foster the ability to analyze human relationships from a sociological perspective, to develop the theoretical, methodological, and statistical skills necessary for asking and answering sociological questions, and to enhance individuals' awareness of the relationship between events in their own lives and the structure of the society in which they live.
The principal common educational objective in the Department of Sociology and Anthropology is to develop a systematic understanding of social behavior, human culture, and social institutions. Knowledge of human social and cultural relationships is vital to a meaningful perspective on and understanding of the society in which we live. Contemporary societies are characterized by diversity, rapid change, complex organization, and extensive specialization. Programs of study in the Department of Sociology and Anthropology pursue the challenge of:
- creating and disseminating general knowledge that will render this world more understandable and
- providing an educational base for more effective and humane planning and social intervention in society.
Each of the programs of study relates to this general objective in a somewhat different manner. Students are encouraged to visit with the faculty and learn more about the programs offered in the department.
- Equality and Diversity Officer
- Higher Education Lecturer
- Museum/Gallery Curator
- Social Worker
- Community Development
- Guidance Counselor
- Human Resources
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Government of the United States
- State and Local Government
- History of the United States to 1865
- History of the United States, 1865 to Present
- Social Statistics
- Sociological Theory
- Social Research
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work Sociology View 1354 other Masters in Sociology in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- New prospective students who wish to enroll at The University of Texas at Arlington must apply for admission. They should apply as early as possible. All application materials—signed application(or certified if online), appropriate application fee or fee waiver documentation, official copies of transcripts of all high school and all college work attempted, and official test scores when appropriate—should be submitted by the priority deadlines.
- Completed applications will be accepted after the priority deadlines until the ApplyTexas application closes approximately two weeks prior to the start of the term. Adherence to the deadlines ensures careful evaluation of credentials resulting in an admission decision and notification of that decision to the student in time for orientation, academic advising, registration, and tuition/fee payment.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International28500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 28500 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National28500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 28500 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
In-State11620 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11620 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.