The goal of the Political Science undergraduate curriculum is to maximize students' capacities to analyze and interpret political events and governmental processes. In addition to acquiring general knowledge about government and political behavior, students also learn the analytical skills relevant to particular political systems (their own and others'), and to problems of most immediate consequence and concern to them.
In addition to acquiring general knowledge about government and political behavior, during the Political Science programme offered by University of Texas Arlington students also learn the analytical skills relevant to particular political systems (their own and others'), and to problems of most immediate consequence and concern to them.
The four major objectives of the department's curriculum are to:
- Identify and describe political structures, rules, behaviors and environments which shape political action.
- Explain and employ statistical and methodological techniques to analyze information.
- Identify, comprehend, and apply comparative, theoretical, or conceptual approaches to actors and their policies.
- Develop the ability to analyze, synthesize, and evaluate political phenomena.
The major courses are designed to present a coherent portrait of the discipline. Students begin with a general introduction to national, state, and local politics followed by required courses in political methodology and political theory. Finally, students are exposed to at least four major areas of the discipline. The department also offers options for students who desire a concentration in pre-law, public policy/administration, or international studies.
Students may choose any 18 hours (6 advanced) for a minor. Those who want a specialization may concentrate courses in areas of public law; policy and administration; comparative and international politics; American national government; political parties, group politics, and elections; or political theory.
The political science student is exposed to a multifaceted and highly regarded faculty, many of whom have received regional and national honors for teaching, service, and research. Upon graduation, UT Arlington political science majors are prepared to compete for a wide variety of jobs in both the private and public sectors.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Government of the United States
- State and Local Government
- Research Methods and Political Analysis
- Modern Critics of Society and Politics
- Issues in Political Theory
- Feminist Political Thought
- Political Ideas of the Ancient World
- Modern Political Ideas
- Contemporary Controversies in Political Theory
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Administration Public Policy Political Science View 322 other Masters in Public Policy in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- New prospective students who wish to enroll at The University of Texas at Arlington must apply for admission. They should apply as early as possible. All application materials—signed application(or certified if online), appropriate application fee or fee waiver documentation, official copies of transcripts of all high school and all college work attempted, and official test scores when appropriate—should be submitted by the priority deadlines.
- Completed applications will be accepted after the priority deadlines until the ApplyTexas application closes approximately two weeks prior to the start of the term. Adherence to the deadlines ensures careful evaluation of credentials resulting in an admission decision and notification of that decision to the student in time for orientation, academic advising, registration, and tuition/fee payment.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International28500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28500 USD per year during 48 months.
National28500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28500 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State11620 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11620 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Texas City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.