The goal of the Political Science undergraduate curriculum is to maximize students' capacities to analyze and interpret political events and governmental processes. In addition to acquiring general knowledge about government and political behavior, students also learn the analytical skills relevant to particular political systems (their own and others'), and to problems of most immediate consequence and concern to them.
In addition to acquiring general knowledge about government and political behavior, during the Political Science programme from The University of Texas at Arlington students also learn the analytical skills relevant to particular political systems (their own and others'), and to problems of most immediate consequence and concern to them.The four major objectives of the department's curriculum are to:
- Identify and describe political structures, rules, behaviors and environments which shape political action.
- Explain and employ statistical and methodological techniques to analyze information.
- Identify, comprehend, and apply comparative, theoretical, or conceptual approaches to actors and their policies.
- Develop the ability to analyze, synthesize, and evaluate political phenomena.
The major courses are designed to present a coherent portrait of the discipline. Students begin with a general introduction to national, state, and local politics followed by required courses in political methodology and political theory. Finally, students are exposed to at least four major areas of the discipline. The department also offers options for students who desire a concentration in pre-law, public policy/administration, or international studies.
Students may choose any 18 hours (6 advanced) for a minor. Those who want a specialization may concentrate courses in areas of public law; policy and administration; comparative and international politics; American national government; political parties, group politics, and elections; or political theory.
- Policy Analyst
- City Aministrator
- Legislative Assistant
- Campaign Director
- Political Consultant
- Higher Education Lecturer
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Government of the United States
- State and Local Government
- Research Methods and Political Analysis (or Equivalent)
- Modern Critics of Society and Politics
- Issues in Political Theory
- Feminist Political Thought
- Political Ideas of the Ancient World
- Modern Political Ideas
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Relations International Development Political Science View 208 other Bachelors in International Development in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Apply online
- Pay the application fee
- Submit your completed official secondary school (high school) transcripts, college level course transcripts, diplomas, certificates, and/or national test examination scores as appropriate for the educational system in your country by mail in a sealed envelope. You must possess the equivalent of a U.S. high school graduation.
- Submit official ACT/SAT Score(s)
- Submit English language proficiency test scores (Applicants whose native language is not English are required to submit TOEFL or IELTS scores)
- Check admission status in MyMav
International28278 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28278 USD per year during 48 months.
National28278 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28278 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State11968 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11968 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Texas City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.