Students who major in philosophy have the broadest possible preparation in the liberal arts.
Students who complete a major in Philosophy (Mind, Language, and Cognition Option) at University of Texas Arlington are prepared to enter either graduate programs or the world of work. In addition to providing vocational skills and a solid foundation for graduate work in the discipline, a major in philosophy constitutes appropriate and strong preparation for graduate work in other academic disciplines as well as in professional programs in a broad variety of fields.
The Department of Philosophy and Humanities is prepared to work with students who are interested in postgraduate professional education to assure that their preparation meets disciplinary and/or professional criteria and expectations in areas including law, business administration, and theology. The faculty of the Department of Philosophy and Humanities also work with advisors in the Health Professions Advising Office of the College of Science to ensure that philosophy majors pursuing a pre-medical curriculum are kept abreast of required and recommended courses outside the major.
- Health Service Manager
- Local Government Officer
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to the Study of Human Language
- Introduction to Linguistic Science
- Phonetics and Phonology
- Critical Reasoning in Linguistics
- Language Universals & Linguistic Typology
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhilosophy & Ethics Cognitive Sciences Linguistics View 106 other Masters in Cognitive Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- New prospective students who wish to enroll at The University of Texas at Arlington must apply for admission. They should apply as early as possible. All application materials—signed application(or certified if online), appropriate application fee or fee waiver documentation, official copies of transcripts of all high school and all college work attempted, and official test scores when appropriate—should be submitted by the priority deadlines.
- Completed applications will be accepted after the priority deadlines until the ApplyTexas application closes approximately two weeks prior to the start of the term. Adherence to the deadlines ensures careful evaluation of credentials resulting in an admission decision and notification of that decision to the student in time for orientation, academic advising, registration, and tuition/fee payment.
International28500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 28500 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National28500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 28500 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
In-State11620 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11620 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.