The English at the University of Texas at Arlington provides students with an understanding of theoretical and analytical processes which enable them to assimilate a variety of textual materials representing many cultures and historical periods. Students will learn to read closely, critically, and with empathy.
In addition, students will learn to conduct scholarly research and to produce clear and cogent arguments in both written and oral form. These skills are widely applicable for English graduates who seek out and create careers in the arts, education, business, research and development, government, media, and publishing.
The Department of English offers two degree options: a BA in English and a BA in English with Teacher Certification (BATCH). The distribution requirements for both degree plans include courses in literature, rhetoric, theory, and writing.
In addition to the majors, the Department of English offers minors in English, Writing, Creative Writing, and Technical Writing and Professional Communication, as well as a Certificate in Technical Writing and Professional Communication for non-degree-seeking students. Furthermore, the Department of English frequently cross-lists courses with African American Studies, Disability Studies, Environmental and Sustainability Studies, Medieval and Early Modern Studies, Mexican American Studies, and Women’s and Gender Studies.
- Published Writer
- Teacher at all levels
- Higher Education Professor
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Student Success
- Rhetoric and Composition
- Structure of Modern English
- Dynamic Traditions in Literature
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages View 1968 other Masters in Languages in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- New prospective students who wish to enroll at The University of Texas at Arlington must apply for admission. They should apply as early as possible. All application materials—signed application(or certified if online), appropriate application fee or fee waiver documentation, official copies of transcripts of all high school and all college work attempted, and official test scores when appropriate—should be submitted by the priority deadlines.
- Completed applications will be accepted after the priority deadlines until the ApplyTexas application closes approximately two weeks prior to the start of the term.
- Adherence to the deadlines ensures careful evaluation of credentials resulting in an admission decision and notification of that decision to the student in time for orientation, academic advising, registration, and tuition/fee payment.
International28500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28500 USD per year during 48 months.
National28500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28500 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State11620 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11620 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Texas City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.