The mission of the Art program at University of Texas Arlington is to provide and encourage an understanding and expansion of knowledge in visual arts, art history, and art education.
The curriculum provides students with varied opportunities to study and interrogate the fundamental nature of the visual arts, its methods, technologies, and boundaries.
The department encourages the use of wide-ranging media and methodologies, which enables our students not only to create unique and exciting work, but also to locate their work in the meaningful broader context of the history of art and society.
The intellectual community is purposefully inclusive, enriched and enhanced by its diversity of race and ethnicity, gender identity, and religious tolerance.
What Will I Learn?
- Visual communication (Graphic Design, Web Design, App Design, Game Design and Illustration)
- Emerging media
- Film and video (Filmmaking, Animation-2D/3D, and Screenwriting)
- Art history
- Art education
- Art Teacher
- Higher Education Lecturer
- Exhibition Designer
- Art Dealer
- Commercial Art Gallery Manager
- Museum/Gallery curator
- Graphic Designer
- Web/App Designer
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Two-dimensional Design
- Three-dimensional Design
- Drawing Fundamentals
- Digital Media
- Studio 2-d Course
- Studio 3-d Course
- Art of the Western World: Greece Through Renaissance
- Art of the Western World: Baroque to Modern
- Art of Antiquity
- Japanese Art & Architecture
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Art History Liberal Arts View 838 other Masters in Art History in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- New prospective students who wish to enroll at The University of Texas at Arlington must apply for admission. They should apply as early as possible. All application materials—signed application(or certified if online), appropriate application fee or fee waiver documentation, official copies of transcripts of all high school and all college work attempted, and official test scores when appropriate—should be submitted by the priority deadlines.
- Completed applications will be accepted after the priority deadlines until the ApplyTexas application closes approximately two weeks prior to the start of the term.
- Adherence to the deadlines ensures careful evaluation of credentials resulting in an admission decision and notification of that decision to the student in time for orientation, academic advising, registration, and tuition/fee payment.
International28500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 28500 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National28500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 28500 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
In-State11620 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11620 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.