Students in the Software Engineering program from The University of Texas at Arlington will gain fundamental knowledge and practical skills in engineering software systems, including the ability to implement, test and maintain those systems, to identify needs and software requirements in an application domain, and to design systems to meet desired needs within realistic constraints. Software engineering principles could apply to different domains, including, but not limited to, video games, financial software, communication software, social network apps, personal computing and scientific computing.
The program in software engineering is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission (EAC) of ABET. Enrollment and graduation data for the ABET-accredited Bachelor of Science program in Software Engineering can be found below.
Why Choose Us?
- Benefit from a well-designed curriculum that balances coursework and practical skills
- Collaborate with students from different engineering disciplines on a capstone project
- Engage in cutting-edge research projects that are funded by university, industry and government agencies
- Learn from well-established faculty who work closely with industry
- Join a network of alumni who hold positions in leading companies such as Facebook, Google, Lockheed Martin, Microsoft and others
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Engineering Probability
- Programming Languages
- Software Engineering
- Object-oriented Software Engineering
- Theoretical Concepts in Computer Science and Engineering
- Operating Systems
- Database Systems and File Structures
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology Cyber Security Software Engineering View 1521 other Bachelors in General Engineering & Technology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Apply online
- Pay the application fee
- Submit your completed official secondary school (high school) transcripts, college level course transcripts, diplomas, certificates, and/or national test examination scores as appropriate for the educational system in your country by mail in a sealed envelope. You must possess the equivalent of a U.S. high school graduation.
- Submit official ACT/SAT Score(s)
- Submit English language proficiency test scores (Applicants whose native language is not English are required to submit TOEFL or IELTS scores)
- Check admission status in MyMav
International28278 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28278 USD per year during 48 months.
National28278 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28278 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State11968 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11968 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Texas City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.