The Bachelor of Science in Interior Design from The University of Texas at Arlington is a four-year program (128 credit hours), interdisciplinary with architecture, on the design of interior environments.
Following the two-year Basic Studies sequence, the student completes two years of Major Studies, an intensive series of courses and studios on the theory, history, skill, and practice of interior design.
It is the mission of the Program in Interior Design to prepare students for entry into the interior design profession by supporting and encouraging their roles in the service of the health, safety, and welfare of building users, as well as the creation of aesthetic environments. Life-long learning and community engagement are nurtured in all students.
The location of the program in a major design center of the Southwest provides design students with a broad range of learning experiences, including internship and employment opportunities.
- Residential Design
- Contract Design (design of office and retail spaces)
- Hospitality design
- Lighting Design
- Furniture Design
- Specialty design, such as bath or kitchen design
- Furniture or interior materials sales
The program leads to a full professional degree in Interior Design and is fully accredited by the Council for Interior Design Accreditation (CIDA) and the National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Architecture and Interior Design
- Design Communications
- Rhetoric and Composition
- Academic Success Skills in Interior Design
- Physics for Non-Specialists
- State & Local Government
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Interior Design View 170 other Bachelors in Interior Design in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Apply online
- Pay the application fee
- Submit your completed official secondary school (high school) transcripts, college level course transcripts, diplomas, certificates, and/or national test examination scores as appropriate for the educational system in your country by mail in a sealed envelope. You must possess the equivalent of a U.S. high school graduation.
- Submit official ACT/SAT Score(s)
- Submit English language proficiency test scores (Applicants whose native language is not English are required to submit TOEFL or IELTS scores)
- Check admission status in MyMav
International28278 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28278 USD per year during 48 months.
National28278 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28278 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State11968 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11968 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Texas City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.