The Bachelor of Science in Interior Design from University of Texas Arlington is a four-year program (128 credit hours), interdisciplinary with architecture, on the design of interior environments.
Following the two-year Basic Studies sequence, the student completes two years of Major Studies, an intensive series of courses and studios on the theory, history, skill, and practice of interior design.
It is the mission of the Program in Interior Design to prepare students for entry into the interior design profession by supporting and encouraging their roles in the service of the health, safety, and welfare of building users, as well as the creation of aesthetic environments. Life-long learning and community engagement are nurtured in all students.
The location of the program in a major design center of the Southwest provides design students with a broad range of learning experiences, including internship and employment opportunities.
- Residential Design
- Contract Design (design of office and retail spaces)
- Hospitality design
- Lighting Design
- Furniture Design
- Specialty design, such as bath or kitchen design
- Furniture or interior materials sales
The program leads to a full professional degree in Interior Design and is fully accredited by the Council for Interior Design Accreditation (CIDA) and the National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- History of Architecture and Design
- Basic Design + Draw
- U.S. History
- Language, Philosophy & Culture elective
- Physics for Non-Specialists
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Interior Design View 164 other Masters in Interior Design in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- New prospective students who wish to enroll at The University of Texas at Arlington must apply for admission.
- They should apply as early as possible. All application materials—signed application(or certified if online), appropriate application fee or fee waiver documentation, official copies of transcripts of all high school and all college work attempted, and official test scores when appropriate—should be submitted by the priority deadlines.
- Completed applications will be accepted after the priority deadlines until the ApplyTexas application closes approximately two weeks prior to the start of the term. Adherence to the deadlines ensures careful evaluation of credentials resulting in an admission decision and notification of that decision to the student in time for orientation, academic advising, registration, and tuition/fee payment.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International28500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28500 USD per year during 48 months.
National28500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28500 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State11620 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11620 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Texas City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.