The Theatre Production - Design and Technical Production Emphasis program from University of Arizona gives students exposure in all areas of design and productions with emphasis in one or two areas. The potential areas of emphasis in the program are Costume Design, Costume Production, Lighting Design and Technology, Scenic Design, Sound Design, Stage Management and Technical Direction.
- Knowledge of Process, History and CraftDemonstrate knowledge of the theatrical production process, theatre history and the historical development of theatrical design, the visual history of architecture, furniture and costumes, craft skills relevant to their interest area.
- Demonstration of Collaboration & Leadership; Collaborate with a production team while taking on a leadership role in a theatrical production in a design/technical area of their specialty, organizing appropriate resources to facilitate the process.
- Research and communicate artistic design ideas.
- Principles and Standards; Demonstrate knowledge of working principles and standards of the American professional theatre and an understanding of the expectations of the workplace.
- Sound design
- Stage management
- Technical direction
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Scene Design
- Costume Design
- Electricity for the Entertainment Technician
- Stage Lighting
- Theatre Production
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesDesign Film, Photography & Media Theatre & Dance View 695 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Have a 3.00 recalculated grade point average (GPA) (a "B" or better where "A"=4.00) from a secondary school. Please note: GPA recalculation occurs during the admissions evaluation process.
- Have three years of high school work. Please note: If you are currently in high school, UA needs to see 9–11 grade work. If you have completed high school then UA needs to see 10–12 grade work.
- Have and present a completed high school diploma or certificate.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International37116 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37116 USD per year during 48 months.
National36600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 36600 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State12600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12600 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Tucson
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.