The Biology BA and BS degree curriculum at Temple University explores the principles that regulate living organisms, from molecules and cells to humans and ecosystems. Learn about the links between disciplines, including cell biology, evolution, genetics and molecular biology, and their places within biological principles.
Many Biology students become clinical workers, dentists, educators, nurses, optometrists, physical therapists, physician assistants, physicians, podiatrists and veterinarians. You can work in the biotechnology, environmental or pharmaceutical fields, or choose to pursue a master’s or doctoral degree in Biology or a related field.
Coursework for the Biology BA and BS emphasizes:
- bioinformatics, cell biology, genetics, ecology and neuroscience;
- critical evaluation of experimental data;
- expertise in laboratory procedures; and
- identification of the biochemical and biophysical principles of living organisms.
The Biology Department is a hub for leading research centers, institutes and facilities, including the Center for Biodiversity, the Center for Biophysics and Computational Biology, and the Biology Imaging Facility. Department faculty members encourage firsthand experiences with cutting-edge technology in the classroom. You’ll have opportunities to take part in advanced research, scientific breakthroughs and new discoveries that benefit society.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Organismal Biology
- honors Introduction to Organismal Biology
- Introduction to Cellular and Molecular Biology
- Honors Introduction to Cellular and Molecular Biology
- Principles of Ecology
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Bioinformatics Genetics View 2522 other Masters in Biology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Self-Report High School Transcript
- Fee: $55 (Fee waivers are available for freshmen who qualify)
- Temple's online application or online Common Application or Paper application to submit by mail
- Official High School or University Transcripts with English Translations
- Standardized Tests (SAT, ACT, TOEFL iBT, IELTS or PTE)
- Apply as an international student if you hold or will need to obtain a nonimmigrant visa, including a student (F-1) or an exchange visitor (J-1) visa.
International32808 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32808 USD per year during 48 months.
National32808 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32808 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State19944 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19944 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Philadelphia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.