The Biomolecular Science BSc program from New York University lets you join in their efforts to improve the world. The first 2 years of the program focus on core courses so you have a solid foundation in the fundamentals of the science — math, physics, chemistry, and biology. From there, you can concentrate your studies in biomedical science, biotechnology, or chemistry.
Scientists working at the interface between biology and chemistry create big changes while working on the cellular and molecular level. Genetically modified crops allow feed quickly growing populations, while novel therapies, such as artificial organs, extend life. Biomolecular scientists also address ecological issues — such as producing cheap energy from renewable sources (like producing oil from algae), while others clean the environment through bioremediation.
Students in biomedical science can find work developing artificial organs, prosthetics, or other medical devices. Those who concentrate in biotechnology join the quickly growing field where antibiotics, vaccines, and hormones are produced through genetically based technologies. Others who focus on chemistry find employment in pharmaceutical companies or related industries.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
- Engineering and Technology Forum
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemistry Biology Molecular Sciences View 336 other Bachelors in Molecular Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Official score reports (see NYU’s standardized testing requirements).
- An audition or portfolio for specific artistic program applicants to the Steinhardt School of Culture, Education and Human Development and Tisch School of the Arts.
- English language testing if you have not completed at least 3 years of study where English is the sole language of instruction and English is not your native language.
- Official transcripts of all college work that you have received academic credit for.
- The Common Application Mid Year Report with updated transcript.
International56500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 56500 USD per year during 48 months.
National56500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 56500 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.