Students at the Applied Physics BSc program offered at New York University study physics while working directly alongside engineers. That relationship provides lasting value, as graduates learn to adapt their careers to existing opportunities. You’re encouraged to explore your interests in such fields as entrepreneurship, biophysics, or biomedical instrumentation. Integrated circuit electronics, scanning probe metrology, and computational science are also options. Best of all, your explorations can propel you toward a dual degree, particularly in subjects such as electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, and chemistry.
With a strong foundation in physics, many of our students go on to pursue advanced studies at the master’s level. Many of our graduates seek positions within and beyond the sciences, in fields that include law, writing, and business. Others find a career in disciplines that rely on a solid foundation in physics, be it in industry, government, or education.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Physics: the Genesis of Technology
- Electricity, Magnetism, & Fluids
- Waves, Optics, & Thermodynamics
- Analytical Mechanics
- Modern and Solid State
- Thermodynamics and Statistical Physics
- Linear Algebra and Differential Equations
- Calculus: Multi-Dimensional Calculus
- Data Analysis
- Engineering Problem Solving and Programming
- Engineering and Technology Forum
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics Mechanical Engineering Mathematics View 1678 other Bachelors in Physics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Official score reports (see NYU’s standardized testing requirements).
- An audition or portfolio for specific artistic program applicants to the Steinhardt School of Culture, Education and Human Development and Tisch School of the Arts.
- English language testing if you have not completed at least 3 years of study where English is the sole language of instruction and English is not your native language.
- Official transcripts of all college work that you have received academic credit for.
- The Common Application Mid Year Report with updated transcript.
International56500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 56500 USD per year during 48 months.
National56500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 56500 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.