Therefore, the department also offers courses for students who do not plan a computer science major or concentration. The Computer Science majors at Columbia University offer maximum flexibility by providing students with a range of options for program specialization.
- The department offers four majors: computer science; information science; data science; and computer science-mathematics, offered jointly with the Mathematics Department.
- Students study a common core of fundamental topics, supplemented by a track that identifies specific areas for deeper study. The foundations track prepares students for advanced work in fundamental, theoretical, and mathematical aspects of computing, including analysis of algorithms, scientific computing, and security.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Computing in Context
- Emerging Scholars Program Seminar
- Programming Languages
- Development Technologies
- Clean Object-Oriented Design
- Data Structures in Java
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Software Engineering View 1915 other Bachelors in Computer Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Autobiographical information
- Lists and descriptions of a student’s achievements, activities, employment and summer activities
- Personal essay
- An official high school transcript from all high schools attended
- One high school counselor’s recommendation and school profile
- The completed Mid-Year Report
- SAT or ACT
- Applicants may self-report their scores
- English proficiency examination score (if necessary)
- These recommendations must come from teachers who taught you in academic disciplines
- For engineering applicants, one must come from a math or science teacher
International60098 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30049 USD per semester during 48 months.
National60098 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30049 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Manhattan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.