Computer Engineering at California State University Long Beach is 'the discipline that embodies the science and technology of design, construction, implementation, and maintenance of software and hardware components of modern computing systems and computer-controlled equipment.'. At CSULB, the computer engineering program emphasizes the design, implementation and application of digital and embedded systems. Graduating students will be able to take an idea from conception to design and implementation (including circuit design and programming) and then testing, prototyping and demonstrating a working solution. CSULB offers a hands-on program where students are presented the opportunity to experience the complete cycle from conception to working systems.
After graduation and engaging in the profession of Computer Engineering for a few years, our graduates will have:
- become a part of California's high technology workforce, and made significant contributions to Computer Engineering through the research, design and development of a wide range of embedded systems and system-on-chip applications.
- helped further the state's economic growth by developing innovative ideas, and translating them into commercial products that benefit society.
- functioned effectively as team members and/or leaders in multidisciplinary and multicultural environments.
- recognized the societal and global context of their work and understood professional and ethical responsibilities.
- continued the pursuit of lifelong learning through such activities as graduate school, distance education, professional training and membership in professional societies and been able to adapt to new engineering tools.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Critical Thinking in the Digital Information Age
- Introduction to Computer Engineering and Computer Science
- Introduction to Programming and Problem Solving
- Digital Logic and Assembly Programming
- Discrete Structures with Computing Applications
- Object Oriented Application Development
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before
DisciplinesComputer Science & IT Electrical Engineering Electronics & Embedded Technology View 3012 other Masters in Computer Science & IT in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Complete each of the courses in the comprehensive pattern of college preparatory subject requirements with a grade of C or higher prior to high school graduation
- Graduate from high school by the end of the Spring term prior to Fall enrollment
- Have a minimum “Eligibility Index” to be considered: Graduates of California high schools and other California residents: 3,200 minimum “Eligibility Index” to be considered for non-STEM major and a 3,300 minimum “STEM Eligibility Index” for STEM majors and other non-California residents: 3,570 minimum “Eligibility Index” to be considered
- All transcripts from all institutions attended
- SAT/ACT scores-Domestic Freshmen and International Freshmen graduating from a U.S. high school
International6534 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3267 USD per semester during 48 months.
National6534 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3267 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State5742 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2871 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Long Beach
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.