The Africana Studies Department at California State University Long Beach encourages students to take advantage of opportunities to do service learning and internships, and study abroad. The Department encourages and supports faculty/student collaboration in conferences, forums, field trips and joint research and writing projects.
Students majoring in other departments of the University but interested in Africana Studies may concurrently pursue this certificate. Courses used to meet the certificate requirement may, where applicable, also be used simultaneously to meet General Education requirements or the major and minor requirements of cooperating departments.
- Social Scientist
- Social Worker
- Public Relations Consultant
- Community Organizer
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Africana Studies
- African American Community
- Introduction to Africana Arts
- Politics of the African American Community
- Africana Psychology
- Introduction to Africana Women's Studies
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Languages View 1979 other Masters in Languages in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Complete each of the courses in the comprehensive pattern of college preparatory subject requirements with a grade of C or higher prior to high school graduation
- Graduate from high school by the end of the Spring term prior to Fall enrollment
- Have a minimum “Eligibility Index” to be considered: Graduates of California high schools and other California residents: 3,200 minimum “Eligibility Index” to be considered for non-STEM major and a 3,300 minimum “STEM Eligibility Index” for STEM majors and other non-California residents: 3,570 minimum “Eligibility Index” to be considered
- All transcripts from all institutions attended
- SAT/ACT scores-Domestic Freshmen and International Freshmen graduating from a U.S. high school
International5742 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2871 USD per semester during .
National5742 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2871 USD per semester during .
If you are not a resident of California , you must add $396.00 for each unit of credit you take.
Living costs for Long Beach
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.