The Sport Industry major from The Ohio State University prepares students for supervisory, leadership and administrative positions in the sport and leisure industry and/or graduate programs in sport humanities, sport management and sport law. SI combines social science and humanities disciplines to provide students with the needed theory and practice for entrance into the sport and leisure industry.
SI informs students of the constantly changing themes, issues and practices that the industry confronts. Students comprehend the social, economic, political and legal issues that contour and shape the development of the industry.
Careers include collegiate/professional sports marketing, entrepreneurship, fitness management, goods/services/sales and marketing, recreational sports, and entry level positions in sports organizations. Students also have the desire to pursue graduate opportunities such as business or law upon graduation from the sport industry program.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- History of Sport in 19th Century America
- History of Sport in 20th Century America
- The Sport Industry
- Leadership and Programming in the Sports Industry
- College Sports
- Coaching the Young Athlete
- Women’s Sport History
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesSports Sciences View 874 other Masters in Sports Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Successful completion of university preparatory courses
- High school performance (class rank or GPA), including participation in accelerated programs like Honors, AP and IB; Ohio State does not have minimum requirements for class rank or GPA
- Standardized test score (ACT or SAT); Ohio State does not have minimum requirements for ACT or SAT scores
- Ability and desire to contribute to and engage with a diverse campus community
- Experiences that demonstrate leadership or engaged involvement(e.g., co-curricular activities, work experiences or military service)
- Status as a first-generation university student
- High school performance if adversely affected by physical, mental or learning environment factors
International36430 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 36430 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National33502 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 33502 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
In-State11508 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11508 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.