Operations managers are concerned with each step in providing a service or product. They determine what equipment, labor, tools, facilities, materials, energy and information should go into an operating system and how these inputs can best be obtained and used to satisfy the requirements of the market place. Managers are also responsible for critical activities such as quality management and control, capacity planning, materials management, purchasing and scheduling.
At graduation, graduates of the Operations Management program from The Ohio State University:
- Will posses strong analytical and problem-solving skills to identify and critically assess problems facing contemporary businesses
- Will demonstrate in-depth knowledge of human resources
- Will possess a global perspective and can critically evaluate the international context a contemporary business operates in
- Can identify and assess ethical issues surrounding business decisions
- Are able to work effectively in a team-based environment
- Can demonstrate professional deportment and effective oral and written communication skills
Operations managers pursue careers in service organizations involved in banking, transportation, insurance and government, as well as manufacturing firms involved in producing industrial and consumer products.
Typical careers of recent graduates with an undergraduate degree in operations management involve activities such as forecasting, supervision, purchasing, traffic management, inventory planning and control, operations scheduling and control, process methods and planning, quality management, warehouse management, and production planning in diverse industries such as banking, manufacturing and retailing. There are also operations management career opportunities in management consulting firms or the development of computer systems for planning and scheduling.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Business Skills and Environment
- Business Law
- International Business
- Management Sciences
- Management and Human Resources
- Strategic Management
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership View 1917 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Successful completion of university preparatory courses
- High school performance (class rank or GPA), including participation in accelerated programs like Honors, AP and IB; Ohio State does not have minimum requirements for class rank or GPA
- Standardized test score (ACT or SAT); Ohio State does not have minimum requirements for ACT or SAT scores
- Ability and desire to contribute to and engage with a diverse campus community
- Experiences that demonstrate leadership or engaged involvement(e.g., co-curricular activities, work experiences or military service)
- Status as a first-generation university student
- High school performance if adversely affected by physical, mental or learning environment factors
International36430 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 36430 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National33502 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 33502 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
In-State11518 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11518 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.