In a combination of classroom and hands-on learning, students will gain the knowledge needed to manage human interactions with the natural world in parks and protected areas, natural resource organizations, or agriculture and food systems.
All students are encouraged to gain an international experience with study abroad. Several study tours offer programs focusing on aspects of the environment, natural resources or sustainability in places such as China, Dominican Republic, New Zealand, Australia and Iceland.
The School of Environment and Natural Resources Career Services Office offers students counseling to identify job opportunities and assistance preparing cover letters and resumes.Upon graduation the Natural Resource Management program from The Ohio State University, students are prepared to work in a variety of positions including with federal, state or local natural resource management agencies, non profit organizations, or in the private sector in farming or for businesses servicing the farm community. Students can find careers as environmental educators, park administrators, park rangers and officers, conservation law officers, resources specialists and in sustainable agriculture. We encourage students to go forward for advanced education in areas such as public administration or business administration to prepare for top level positions.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Environmental Science
- Society and Natural Resources
- Introduction to Forestry, Fisheries and Wildlife
- Introduction to Soil Science
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesNatural Resource Management View 112 other Masters in Natural Resource Management in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Successful completion of university preparatory courses
- High school performance (class rank or GPA), including participation in accelerated programs like Honors, AP and IB; Ohio State does not have minimum requirements for class rank or GPA
- Standardized test score (ACT or SAT); Ohio State does not have minimum requirements for ACT or SAT scores
- Ability and desire to contribute to and engage with a diverse campus community
- Experiences that demonstrate leadership or engaged involvement(e.g., co-curricular activities, work experiences or military service)
- Status as a first-generation university student
- High school performance if adversely affected by physical, mental or learning environment factors
International36430 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 36430 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National33502 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 33502 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
In-State11508 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11508 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.